16 ACRE DEVELOPMENT SITE, BALLINA, NORTHERN RIVERS NSW
Wardell near Ballina, Northern Rivers NSW
A 16 acre rural property with 3 Council approved residences (ideal for an extended family). The land is level with creek frontage, large shed and a ‘spare’ timber home. The property has Council approval for an “Environmental Education Facility” for 45 visitors plus staff.
$1.6 million or offer
This property is on the edge of the Wardell Village and adjoins a recent subdivision. The property has excellent potential for development as per the Councils D.A. approval which states; “Environmental Education Facility for a maximum of forty five (45) visitors (in addition to staff), associated camping area, recreational structures and facilities, environmental protection works, bushfire hazard reduction, caretaker’s residences and associated infrastructure/car parking provision”.
|Front of Houses||Rear of House||4th House|
The property currently has 3 liveable houses that would be ideal for use by the owners plus staff (or for leasing out to tenants).
- 2 air conditioned weatherboard residences that are joined by a large deck/veranda (dual occupancy)
- New air conditioned cabin/granny flat with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living area. The cabin has a timber walkway to the other residences and would be ideal for a single person or couple.
|Cabin/Granny Flat||Inside Cabin||Inside Cabin|
The property features:
- Power connected
- Town water connected
- Bitumen road frontage
- Sewer connected
- Bore with ample water (for lawns and gardens)
- Grass trees
- Shade trees
- Level grassy areas
- Large shed (for storage, machinery etc)
- Creek frontage to a tidal creek (off Richmond River)
- Boardwalk and jetty to creek
- 4th derelict house (not Council approved)
|Machinery Shed||Grass Trees||Shade Trees|
This property would be ideal for private use or, alternatively for development of camping grounds and cabins (for educational purposes or commercial venture). The property could also be used by a tradesman, builder or transport operator as their business base.
|Cleared Areas||Cleared Area||Cleared Area|
The potential is enormous for this style of property, including:
- Nursery or horticulture
- Equine centre
- B & B operation
- Camping grounds
- Home industry
This is a unique opportunity to own a large parcel of land close to:
- Richmond River
- Coastal beaches
- Ballina and Lismore
- Evans Head and Broadwater
|Fenced Paddock||Fenced Paddocks|
- 3 houses on the 1 property
- 4th house included (not Council approved)
- Large shed for storage, machinery etc
- All facilities connected
- Level land with shade trees and grass trees
- Tidal creek frontage at rear boundary (with fish)
- Close to the river and beaches
- Close to Wardell (2 to 3 minutes)
- Close to Ballina (10 to 12 minutes)
- North Coast climate
- Potential to develop for commercial use
|Track to Creek||Boardwalk & Jetty||Tidal Creek|
This is a rare and unique opportunity to buy a large area of land close to the river and great beaches. It can be developed commercially, to the current Council conditions (D.A.), for a business or family property with a difference. The area has vast potential and is close to Ballina, Lismore and Alstonville with a climate and lifestyle to be envied.
All three residences are liveable and in need of finishing by a tradesperson or handyman. Most of the cleared area can be mown or slashed and looks great when maintained. There is a boardwalk and jetty to the creek which you can fish off or launch a tinny and venture on to the beautiful Richmond River.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.