100 ACRE HOBBY FARM WITH FARMSTAY BUSINESS, BEGA VALLEY, NSW
Location / Area
Set in the Beautiful Bega Valley and Sapphire Coast Region lays ‘Bumblebrook Farm’, a beautifully presented 4 bedroom family home plus farm stay business that is only 25 kms from the main township of Bega and 4 kms from the nearby picturesque village of Candelo.
Half way between Sydney and Melbourne and 2 ½ hours from Canberra, Bumblebrook is the ideal location for tourists looking for a real farm experience.
Property Type / Size
Ideal family run farm lifestyle business opportunity!
Fully self-contained farm stay accommodation and lifestyle hobby farm set on 100 acres overlooking the beautiful Bega Valley.
|Back of House||Gardens||View from Garden|
‘Bumblebrook Farm’ is an Ideal hobby farm with extra income from Farm stay Accommodation set on 100 acres of rolling bushland fronting the picturesque Tantawangalo Creek. It features:
Main residence – 4 bedroom family home with:
- Freshly painted large French country kitchen with modern stainless steel appliances and large walk-in pantry.
- Front reception/sunroom flows into a dining area and open plan living room with polished floors, ceiling fan and large wood fire that heats the whole house in cooler months.
- Downstairs also offers 3 beautifully presented bedrooms with plenty of storage, main bathroom plus a second separate shower and WC attached to the large separate laundry.
- Recently renovated upstairs offers 4th guest bedroom or study with a huge lounge area equipped with split system heating and cooling to sit and enjoy the breathtaking views overlooking the valley and beyond.
- A verandah surrounds the whole house overlooking landscaped mature lush gardens.
- This property also offers established separate vegetable garden plus assorted fruit trees and separate chook run.
- Mains power and solar to main house.
- An opportunity for self-sufficiency with its own meat production, vegetable garden and fruit trees, all established and conveniently located close to the main house.
|Main Entrance to House|
|Kitchen||Main Bathroom||Main Bedroom||Downstairs Living|
Large Farm Shed featuring:
- Access for 4 vehicles under cover
- Large internal space with additional lockable storage room.
- Covered wood shed
- 3 large water tanks ( 5000gallons or 23300 ltrs each) plus access to pump water from nearby Tantawanglo Creek.
- A handy old 4WD farm vehicle and ride on lawn mower come with the property.
- A large 4WD tractor and slasher can be negotiable in sale price.
|House Driveway & Shed|
The business consists of a separate motel style/self-contained accommodation which currently offers:
- Recently renovated 2 x bed sitter-style units – sleeps up to 3 people in each
- Recently renovated 2 x family units – sleeps up to 6 people in each.
- Guest shared laundry, BBQ area plus children’s play area.
The return from the farm stay accommodation offers a good second income. The property has been operating as a farm stay accommodation for approximately 35 years with many return guests. Current owners have renovated the property in recent years.
|Bedroom in Family Unit||Bed-Sitter Unit||Family Unit|
There is a set of sheep and cattle yards. Good fencing throughout the property with several separate paddocks for stock rotation. The property also has one large dam plus a smaller dam and several troughs throughout the paddocks to service the stock.
This property is currently stocked with:
- A small flock of unique Dorper sheep
- 3 pet goats
- 2 miniature horses
- 3 pet alpacas
These are all able to be hand fed to provide the ‘farm stay experience’ to guests. 2 ducks and a small flock of chickens also make up the animals that come with the property.
|Cattle Grazing||Lambs & Alpacas||The Creek|
Candelo is serviced by a well-stocked modern General Store and Café, plus a second café, Service Station, Post Office, Hotel and Bowling Club.
A strong Arts Society exists within the village with a Village Festival held every two years plus a well-supported local country show each January. The village also has a well-equipped primary and pre-school, a large public swimming pool and the community tennis courts are all set amongst the beautiful park area featuring old, well established shade trees on the banks of Candelo creek.
Approximately 2 hours drive to the ever popular snow fields in the winter months and only 30 minutes drive to the beautiful Tathra and Merimbula beaches.
Monthly markets are held in Candelo on the first Sunday of every month drawing many visitors to the picturesque village.
|4th Bedroom||Upstairs Living||2nd Bedroom|
- 4 Bedroom family home
- Solar power
- Large 4 shed with large internal space
- Farmstay business with customer goodwill
- Separated paddocks
- Farm animals
- 25 kms to Bega
- 2.5 Hours to Canberra
|Laundry / 2nd Bathroom||Upstairs Living||View from House|
If you have been thinking about a tree change for your family or if you have been looking to escape the hustle bustle of everyday life, this is your opportunity. This type of unique property does not come up very often. An inspection is a MUST!
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.